<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Friday was fun. Chef Doug was out and Chef Than came in to substitute. Most of the class finished their chocolate boxes and bows, so I had time to track down some coloring book pictures so I could do the next project... chocolate enameling. It's actually pretty cool. You lay acetate over your picture and then using a cornet you outline everything in one color of coating chocolate and then you fill in with colored coating chocolate. I chose to do Tigger. He turned out pretty cute! I'm pleased. It was a pretty low stress project. Once thing to remember if you want to do chocolate enameling at home... once you start you have to keep working until you finish. If you stop the chocolate will cool and bow, so you need to make sure you have all your colors pre-mixed and ready to go. I'd even go as far as to have all your cornets made and ready to use. Anyway, with Saturday being graduation day, there were a lot of parents coming in to visit their kids. Some even hung out in class.

Saturday was graduation. Boy was it hard to get up. Amy and I went out to the Red Room for Cosmos and after three I was done! Wow! I'm really turning into a light weight! We had to be at the auditorium my 9, so I left the house at 8:30 and had to stop by the school to pick up my dress apron. What a scam! As if we don't spend enough money on school that we have to buy an apron that we'll only wear once. Oh well. It's done now. The ceremony was nice and the speeches were, for the most part, very good and insightful. After graduation we, popped over to the school to look at the chocolate sculptures the we went over to lunch/dinner. After amazing Viet Namese food and then a quick trip to Ghiradelli Square it was time for home. My little nephews were troopers, but they were so tired by 6PM that it was definitely time to head home. Last night was totally uneventful. After less than five hours of sleep Friday night, I crashed and was soooo glad that I didn't have to work Saturday night. (Friday my boss said I should take graduation day off and spend time with my family.)

Today I'll be heading up to St. Helena, but if I'm going to do that I'd better get my butt in gear and get moving.

Talk to you all later!

Carissa

Comments:
St. Helena.....isn't that a recovery center???
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?